When you send the online survey email invitations make sure to use a descriptive subject line (e.g., “We value your input for improving our service”). In the body of the email include a brief description of the survey. Make sure to mention the following:
- The purpose of the survey
- How long it will take to complete the survey
- Why it is important to complete the survey
- How the results of the survey will to be used
- Any benefit that the respondent or the community might gain from the survey (e.g., access to summary report of the information gathered through the survey)
- Whether the survey is anonymous or if identifiable information is collected. If identifiable information is collected, specify how the information will be used.
Remember that you will always get no more than what you ask for... Happy Surveying!