Businesses stand to gain a great deal through the use of company surveys. Understanding the many different types of surveys that exist can help you craft surveys that provide valuable insight into the minds of customers, employees, or people within your target audience.
Although not an exhaustive list, these are six types of company surveys you can conduct with standard survey software to learn more about the opinions and ideas that matter most to your business.
1) Transactional Surveys. These useful surveys involve a series of questions loaded into a survey tool to ask questions about the transaction that just took place. They are highly useful in a wide range of situations -- especially in retail. These surveys can be used to gauge customer satisfaction with the transaction, the purchase decision process, and overall customer experience.
2) Employee Satisfaction Surveys. Happy employees cost businesses less than those who are not happy. While it's true that you can't please everyone, understanding what is and is not pleasing to the bulk of your employees can help you make decisions about benefits and bonuses more likely to appeal to a larger group of employees within your organization.
Using online survey software allows for fast and anonymous survey results so you can begin shaping policies to please employees, and improve overall morale in your business today. It can also alert you to areas where problems may already exist too.
3) Market Research Surveys. Among the most useful surveys businesses that create products or provide services can offer is the market research survey. This allows you to gain valuable insight into what factors into the decision making processes of your customers.
The more you understand what prompts them to buy, the better able you will be to create products and provide services that will appeal to your buying public.
4) Brand Image Research Surveys. Your brand is how the buying public recognizes and associates your business. It's one of the most important factors that shapes purchasing decisions today. It's also one that you have a great deal of ability to help shape. If you respond to the needs and wishes of your customers while building your brand, you're adding value to your brand for the world to see. Surveys help explain the actions your business can take to do just that -- and so much more.
5) Product Concept Testing Surveys. Businesses come up with new ideas all the time. Some of them are phenomenal successes, while others flop coming out of the gate. Product concept testing surveys help you learn what kinds of product concepts your existing and/or likely customers are more likely to buy. It's also an invaluable tool for getting free feedback and suggestions on how to improve the concept to make it even more attractive to customers.
6) Exit Interview Surveys. Good employees are hard to find. When they decide to leave your organization, you can use survey software to create exit interviews designed to discover the real reason people are leaving your company, things the employee felt the company didn't do that it could or should have in order to make it a more attractive place to work, and see if there are concerns you should have over your organization and its welcome for new employees.
It's important to know that the things you're doing wrong and that you're doing right. More importantly, for the moment, it's more important to ensure that there aren't very specific areas where employee needs aren't being met.
These six types of company surveys will help your business make valuable decisions in the years to come once you master the fine art of sending the right surveys to the right group of people at the right time to get an honest and active response.